Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Stabbed in the back!

My yearly muscular problem has struck me again it was roughly the same time last year when I was just rolling on my bed and I felt a pull on my back and tore a muscle. It happens to me a lot for the pass few years. I believe the problematic muscle that keeps on haunting me is my Erector Spinae – Spinalis, this muscle is located by the spine connecting to the laterals and shoulder plate.
This year I was working on my planted tank and I got too tired of sitting and squatting, so I took 2 beanbags and lay on my chest. Just when I reaching out to my tools I felt the bursting sensation on my upper back, and it instantly immobilized me. I couldn’t move for a few moments till my endocrine glands start producing and releasing Endomorphines(natural morphine for pain killing) which is also known as endorphins to counter act the pain. Beware when endorphins are released into my blood stream, stay away from me because it doesnt only act as a natural pain killer it raises anger like a PMS bitch! have you ever seens a person in pain happy? The pain wasn’t too bad on Sunday night I still manage to get to work on Monday, it started when I was watching Dr.House on my laptop on my bed and rolled over to the side and I felt a very sharp pain on the effected area. That was it!!!! Went into the kitchen to cook up some high protien food hoping it will recover during my sleep, unfortunately it didn’t work I had to call in for MC and went to the clinic to get a referal letter from the GP to see my orthopaedic today.
Enough of the long bitch story, allow me to share my pain with you. I cant recall how many times this happened to me but tere were quite a number of embarassing moments couple of years back. Once happened in my old office I was just helping some guys to carry some stuff and my muscle ripped! SMACK!!! I was laying on the floor faced down and my office mates back tought I fainted or something. Then there was this one time I was just tossing a child from my arms up into the air and RIPPED!!!! This time I couldn’t go down cause I had to catch the kid first then pin down by the pain. The pain is so excruciating that you can see tears rolling down my cheeks. Imagine this, taking deep breath hurts, coughing hurts, cant wash my hair, and slight sudden movement to my back hurts, walking…..etc the list just goes on. The effected muscle is also connected to the rib cage that explains the pain breathing. I’m off to the hospital for my check up and physio therapy, they better gimme a hot sweet looking nurse last year wasn’t too bad she was quite sweet and soft spoken.

No comments: