Monday, July 2, 2007

Battle of SLR

Battle of the Single Lens Reflex camera its messing up with my head and stirring up my pockets. I gonna get a SLR camera and pick up photography skills, SLR cameras were never this cheap. I've set my eyes on the Canon EOS 350D, its old but its cheap and on top of that is not much difference compare to its newer brother EOS 400 besides its megapixels. Alas my long waited Panasonic Lumix DMC-LC1 is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy out of my budget. The damn super Leica lens cost more than the camera. SIGH!


Shortlisted cameras are as following :


Pentax K100D

I saw this on great bargain yesterday in Midvalley going for MYR1,999!! Its a fucking steal! It was a one day sale promotion else it will be back at MYR2,499. K100d feels good when it was held up and the dial designs and buttons are all nicely put to my fingers. I was held back by its 6MP capability even though I know that a camera doesnt not fully rely on the MP for its quality pictures. But my camera should at least last me till some new models come out in the next few years. DPreview highly recomended this model, then again he also recomended most of all the entry level SLR on Malaysian's shelves.



Nikon D40
I've always like Nikon camera, although their lower end point and shoot are never impressive but the SLR range has always been famous and favourite by many professional photograhpers whom prefere the cheapper Japanese compare to the western brands. Only draw back about Nikon is that their lens are slightly more expensive if I'm not mistaken. Any how D40 is a remarkable camera with 6.1MP and all the techincal yadas and blahs all pretty much similar to any other brands. I am more impressed by the less noisy pics at higher sensitivity that Nikon SLR produces.


Canon EOS 350D

Very old model launched back in 2005, but still matches and in someway out perform the newer models. Canon gives very good crispy pictures compare to the 2 rivals above maybe because of the CMOS sensor instead of the common CCD sensor most camera uses. Best of all its the cheapest among the 3 at MYR2,399 till end of August this year. More reviews are available at my favourite camera site DPreview.

Final battle would be Nikon vs Canon actually, mainly because of the after sales service and parts available are every where and the main offices are in Klang Valley both are just a short drive away. I guess i might need some sales convincing by the camera shop sales person.

1 comment:

hIEw~~ said...

aiyah....buy la canon 350D...haha