Monday, July 9, 2007

$a1sa

Well since the Malaysian Salsero was in town and he wanted to go dancing, I went along with him. Me and Mrs$1 never gone to a real dance club before so it was a good opportunity to check out the scene. We picked Allan and Stephanie up from his house and off to Little Havana in KL. Its quite hidden in town and I just so happened to passed by it last week to get myself some good beef noodles some where near there. Otherwise it would take us forever to search for that place.
Little Havana is really a very unique place, reminds me of those pubs in Cuba on Discovery travel channel. The setup is very plain simple and it gives the warm feeling and some pleasant cigar smell in the air. They serves great variety of cigar at reasonable price according to the online menu. Cover charge to go upstairs to salsa only cost us MYR10 each, my ears grew into trombone size when I heard they guy said 10bucks!!!! Best of all it comes with 1st drink and the choices were either a bottle of mineral water, soda or a draught beer. DAMN!!!!!! Hell no I'll take the first two choices, no kudi karan kupek(drunkard in Tamil) like me gonna be sober when theres alcohol around.
You could feel the heat rising as you walk up the stairs toward the dance floor upstairs. WOW its a great place, not much place to sit around and I was welcome with sweaty people spinning away on the dance floor. They look like they were having so much fun, I wish I could move like that but my fat body is too stiff.



Allan didnt waste time cause we arrived late and its closing soon. He danced his life away! Damn he has good stamina. I need to stop my weights lifting and get back into cardio machines.



Meet the gang, from left to right Michelle & Michelle, Allan & Steph, and this hot chic posing. WOooooo suits the temperature of the room.



Lovely couple from Kansas City, MO. You should see the passion they put into their dance, its more than passion, it was LOVE.




More Salsa in action. According to Salsero Allan, Salsa dance got its name from the dip sauce Salsa. DUH! I assume its because the dance and the sauce both have its alikes. Hot!





Stephanie giving Allan some tango lesson. She's good at tango, atta' girl!


We had a fun time even I didnt dance much, got a crash course at Merengue from Allan and Stephanie was giving me lesson on the dance floor. I couldnt stop moving my upper body, too much rave dance from my younger days. Went dont t get myself a icy cold Mojito, the best I tasted so far. Why is this the best? Because the bar tender used all the proper natural ingredients. Fresh squeezed lime juice not cordial or lemonade, lotsa mint leaves. He put alot of afford into pounding the line cutlet and mint, top up with a lil syrup and rum. Shake with ice and whola!!!! Perfect mojito. I really had a good time even though I wasnt high on alcohol, in a way I liked the crowd alot because not many smokers and not many drunkards making noise and causing trouble. Cheap nite, good company, great friends, superb dance performace by everyone much better than live ballroom dancing.





I still dont know who this hot chic, she looked so bored. I think she needs my company.AHAIKS!!





All the sweating and dancing got me hungry so we all went to Alor Rd to get some supper. Lucky its just a stone throw away from where we were.




Yummy Claypot Tom Yum Goong. Suits the heat from Salsa! PSSSSSsssssttttt!

Went home with a full stomach at 4am. Had some preparations to do for Dave's engagement, couldnt sleep then off I went driving down to Malacca. Will post that tonight.





2 comments:

Allan Chow said...

Well written. It was soooo much fun. Hope one day i can take you to salsa in Kansas CIty, maybe in Chicago or New York where salsa was born!!!

$1 said...

Geez i didnt know New York was latin. I've always assumed Salsa/Mambo was from down south